Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients: Amazon Shopping List
Ok, chicken noodle soup. Let’s see if we can knock this one out.
INGREDIENTS: Recipe source link
- 2 tablespoons olive oil – Boom, found it
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced thin (about 1 1/2 large carrots) – Don’t be afraid of the pre sliced dehydrated options SPECIFICIALLY for soups. They are quite good, and the price is awesome.
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin(about 2 stalks) – Once again, check out the dehydrated stuff. For produce usually it’s your option on Amazon although sometimes they can deliver fresh produce.
- 1 cup sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, peeled and diced small (about 1 medium onion) – Lots more option on onions, including bags of fresh ones.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced – LOTS of garlic options. Some of these are kinda pricey, so be careful.
- 64 ounces (8 cups) low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if desired – One of my favorite things to buy on Amazon, and easily one of the least known secrets in cooking is how useful chicken broth/stock is.
- 2 bay leaves – Easy win. If you aren’t buying herbs and spices from Amazon you’re losing out.
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme) – Not fresh, but dried still goes well in soups.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano – Got it.
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste – So much pepper.
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles (or your favorite noodles or pasta) – Pasta is everywhere on Amazon.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (use storebought rotisserie chicken to save time; or roast or cook your own chicken in a skillet) – This is the one thing I suggest going to the store for.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped – They have it.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, optional – This is one of those items where you usually pick up two or three bottles in a pack.
- salt, to taste – They have it, here’s the link
After looking up all of these ingredients, all we weren’t able to get was the chicken.
With the items I picked, my cart total was $160.20, but I’m pretty sure I have enough to make chicken noodle soup many many times.
Here’s some screenshots of my cart.